Supporting Portfolio Company Data Collection for General Partners
Cobalt now provides a Managed Data Service to General Partners that leverage Cobalt’s Portfolio Monitoring Platform. Through this service, the Cobalt MDS team manages a hands-on service to collect data directly from portfolio companies and upload their required metrics into a General Partner’s Cobalt database. General Partners simply predefine the performance metrics they need from their portfolio companies, and the Cobalt MDS team takes care of the rest.
Specifically, with MDS, we match automated data collection with a “human touch” so that data accuracy and flexibility are never lost to technical automation.
Why Cobalt MDS?
Cobalt MDS eliminates the time-consuming steps between a GP issuing data requests and actually being able to run analytics and reports on their portfolio. It automates data collection with a “human touch” so that data accuracy and flexibility are never lost to technical automation.
- Stop chasing portfolio companies for data
- Eliminate multiple data template uploads
- Easy data review and approval process
- Dedicated specialist to ensure accuracy
How It Works
- The GP’s portfolio companies submit their financial, operating and KPI metrics along with supporting documents directly to the Cobalt MDS team.
- The Cobalt MDS team enters the performance metrics into data collection templates and uploads the data files to the Cobalt database.
- The GP receives an automatic email notification when new data collection files are submitted.
- The GP reviews the submitted data in Cobalt and goes through the workflow-driven review and approval process.
- Rinse and repeat on a monthly or quarterly basis — creating custom, flexible metrics as needed.
Subscribe to our blog:
Torch Capital Selects Cobalt for Portfolio Monitoring
New Client Announcement Cobalt, a FactSet Company, (“Cobalt”), a leading portfolio monitoring solutions provider for the private capital industry, today…
FactSet Announces Acquisition of Cobalt Software, Inc.
Deal expands FactSet’s private markets offering and enhances its PE/VC workflow solutions NORWALK, Conn., Oct. 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —…
Declaration Partners Selects Cobalt for Portfolio Monitoring
New Client Announcement Cobalt Software, Inc. (“Cobalt”), a leading portfolio monitoring solutions provider for the private capital industry, today announced…