Senior Software Engineer, US
Cobalt is seeking a talented and hard-working Senior Software Engineer to join its tight-knit engineering team. You will be part of our growing US engineering team as our technology organization expands beyond our predominantly Swedish-based engineering team. Your product and technology leaders are largely based in the US.
We’re looking for your help across our entire technology stack. Skill, aptitude, and cultural fit are valued above experience in any individual technologies/languages, but if you have knowledge in any of the following disciplines, you will be ahead of the curve:
- Python: Flask, SQLAlchemy
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB
- AWS: EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation
- Development: Git, Webpack, Docker, Jenkins, Saltstack
As a Senior Engineer in our organization, you’ll work with individuals in every department of the company to define and craft new products and features for our platform, and to improve existing ones. You will have a large degree of independence and trust, but you won’t be isolated; the support of the CTO, VPs of Engineering, Product and UX, and every other technology team member is behind you. You’ll bring your projects from initial conception through all the cycles of development: from project definition to development, debugging, initial release and subsequent iteration. You’ll also take part in shaping the architecture of the product, including our deployment infrastructure, to fit the growing needs of the platform.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is enthusiastic about building complex software through great design and practice
- Has knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Will be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders
- Welcomes feedback and constructive criticism
- Is comfortable sharing ideas and thoughts to improve the platform and development processes
- Has experience building and managing scalable production web applications
- Can mentor junior engineers, and help them develop professionally
Some of the main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Take lead on the development of features and improvements across the platform
- Plan and execute large scale projects together with other senior engineers
- Actively participate in the code review process with other engineers to ensure quality and completeness
- Work closely with the product and design team to properly scope and define projects and tickets
- The position is full time. Applicant interested in full-time contracting work will not be considered at this time.
What we offer:
- Collaborative and developing work environment
- Flexible hours and location
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Basic life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- 20 days of PTO per year
To apply, please fill out the form below.
We’re a small team of skilled, nice people, each of us working together in an exceptionally supportive, collaborative environment. Everyone contributes meaningfully to our products’ success. At Cobalt, we know how and why our work matters and every employee is equally important to our success. We produce work we can take pride in and admire each other as co-workers and individuals. We love our jobs and we think you will too when you join us.
Founded in 2011, Cobalt is a fast-growing FinTech startup focused on developing innovative technology for the private equity industry. With roots in solving complex challenges for PE and venture capital investors, Cobalt’s mission is to use the power of technology and transparent data to bring innovative software to the market.
Headquartered in Boston, MA with an office in Gothenburg, Sweden, Cobalt’s growing team prides itself on its nimble approach to product development and its highly collaborative working environment. Cobalt’s products serve the industry’s leading private equity firms. Learn more about us at www.cobalt.pe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.