Director, Client Development – US & UK
Who We Are
Cobalt is private capital’s key to collecting, analyzing, and reporting on fund and portfolio company financial metrics. Private equity and venture capital funds use Cobalt’s intuitive technology platform to gain critical operational efficiencies, address increasingly complex LP and management demands, and, ultimately, competitively position their firm. Cobalt tailors its portfolio monitoring, investor relations, and benchmarking analysis tools according to our clients’ size and investment style to match their needs.
What We’re Looking For
An exceptional, highly motivated Director, Client Development to actively seek out and engage client prospects for our private capital portfolio monitoring solution. Our core solution (cobalt.pe) serves the needs of the industry’s leading private equity and venture capital firms.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of quota carrying experience in B2B software sales with a consistent track record of success, (private equity or financial services sector strongly preferred).
- Experience leading a consultative, relationship-based sales process.
- Independent self-starter that can actively build a pipeline and close deals.
- Strong, effective presentation and communication skills, both verbally and written, to convey complex concepts to audiences with varying skill levels – in person, virtually, on the phone, and via email.
- Relationships with private fund managers, including CFO’s and Managing Directors.
- Proven ability to develop, manage and close a pipeline of business to fulfill annual quotas in excess of $750K.
- A deep understanding of financial services software usage and pain points for fund managers.
- Have a ‘trusted advisor” approach that will help prospects discover value and fit within their organization.
- Ability to handle complex sales processes with multiple stakeholders.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Coachable with an ability to acknowledge strengths and weaknesses and take feedback well.
- Comfortable reaching out to leads through cold calling and targeted email campaigns.
- Passion and commitment for client success.
What you’ll do:
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around the use of the Cobalt platform.
- Prospect aggressively to develop new clients and business through networking, referrals, company lead generation and cold calling / targeted email outreach.
- Independently manage your own territory-based sales pipeline.
- Conduct platform demonstrations with a focus on a variety of use cases across partners, finance, portfolio operations, deal teams and investor relations.
- Work closely with sales and marketing resources to help drive qualified leads into your funnel through direct outreach and inbound marketing.
- Manage prospecting campaigns, webinars, conferences and other networking events.
- Drive the sales process and guide a prospect through a thoughtful buyer’s journey.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes.
We’re a small team of skilled, nice people, each of us working together in an exceptionally supportive, collaborative environment. Everyone contributes meaningfully to our products’ success. At Cobalt, we know how and why our work matters and every employee is equally important to our success. We produce work we can take pride in and admire each other as co-workers and individuals. We love our jobs and we think you will too when you join us.
Founded in 2011, Cobalt is a fast-growing FinTech startup focused on developing innovative technology for the private equity industry. With roots in solving complex challenges for PE and venture capital investors, Cobalt’s mission is to use the power of technology and transparent data to bring innovative software to the market.
Headquartered in Boston, MA with an office in Gothenburg, Sweden, Cobalt’s growing team prides itself on its nimble approach to product development and its highly collaborative working environment. Cobalt’s products serve the industry’s leading private equity firms. Learn more about us at www.cobalt.pe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.